Being a tween or teen is hard. Both age groups are difficult time periods in life. As a tween, you’re learning that you aren’t a child any longer but you’re also not quite old enough to be a teen.
As a teen, you’re trying to come into your own in life. These changes can make summer vacation hard too! Boredom, friends, lack of friends and more can all make a kid feel like their summer is never-ending.
Add these 34 summer bucket list ideas for teens and tweens and watch summer fun happen before your eyes! These summer bucket list ideas will help them cut through all of the negative and have a totally awesome summer!
Summer Bucket List Ideas for Teens and Tweens
- Go see a movie at a dollar theater.
- Take the weekend and go camping.
- Drive on the beach for the first time.
- Go on a deep sea fishing trip.
- Catch crawdads in a local creek.
- Go for a day hike.
- Visit a museum on a topic you’ve never studied.
- Enter a craft contest.
- Make your own crafts, soaps or other homemade products and sell them on Etsy or at your local Farmer’s market.
- Start a lawn mowing business.
- Play in the water like you did when you were a kid.
- Bake a summer treat for a neighbor who doesn’t get many visitors.
- Hold a car wash to raise money for a local charity.
- Visit a new amusement park or waterpark.
- Dress up in your favorite character and attend a Con.
- Get into character at your nearest Renaissance Festival.
- Hold a bake sale and donate the proceeds to a family in your neighborhood who is in need.
- Have a garage sale and make a few bucks cleaning out your stuff.
- Go garage sale shopping with your Mom. She will enjoy the time spent with you.
- Hold a luau in your backyard complete with paper leis and fruit punch served in coconut shell cups.
- Go to summer camp or be a camp counselor if you’re old enough.
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
- Play flashlight tag. To play, wait until dark and then play a game of tag. The difference is that the person who is “it” can only tag with the beam of their flashlight.
- Go on a long bike ride.
- Watch a summer storm.
- Visit the zoo.
- Take a trip to an aquarium.
- Learn a foreign language.
- Bury a time capsule to be opened when you turn 18, 25, 30 or even 50!
- Buy a metal detector and go treasure hunting!
- Work as a lifeguard.
- Have a bonfire and roast marshmallows for s’mores.
- Participate in a summer reading program.
- Have fun and play at Main Event.
FREE SUMMER BUCKET LIST IDEAS FOR TEENS PRINTABLE
Grab the free printable summer bucket list ideas for teens and tweens and start planning some fun in the sun with your friends!
See? Summer fun doesn’t have to be hard! Your tween or teen simply needs your help to figure out what they can do! Think outside of the box for them and they’ll thank you for it when they’re no longer bored!