In an effort to trim the budget and still put a meal on the table for my family, I took the Switch and Save Challenge at Aldi when I attended the grand opening of the store in Katy, TX. The Aldi Meal Plan I created includes 21 meals under $100. I remember shopping Aldi when we lived out of state and loved every bit of the savings so I already had an idea of how easy the switch and save challenge was going to be for me.
While I was at the grand opening, I had three other amazing Houston Bloggers with me and we all took different approaches to our taste test choices.
Lisa from Milehimama was focused on seeing if the Aldi brand was as good as the national brands they already purchase. She was pleasantly surprised to find that the Aldi brand Greek yogurt is dye free…which is perfect for her family!
Brenda from Meal Planning Magic was looking for products that were similar to what she already purchases at other stores for lower prices.
Fred from Mocha Dad took the approach of choosing items to make the kids’ lunches and dinners for the week.
For me, it was about easy meals I could get on the table in 15-30 minutes all while still providing a balanced meal my family could enjoy.
To show you just how you can easily Switch and Save at Aldi, I wanted to give you all the details so you can save as well!
The Challenge: 21 Meals Under $100
Feed a family of 4 breakfast, lunch, and dinner for $100…that’s 21 meals y’all!
The Menu: 21 Meals Under $100
- Corn Flakes with Bananas
- Kookies Cereal
- Cinnamon Munch Crunch Cereal
- English Muffins with Hazelnut Spread
- English Muffins with Ham & Egg
- Toast with Hazelnut Spread
- French Toast with Maple Syrup
- Tortellini with Cheese
- Turkey Sandwich
- Ham Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Leftover Flounder Dinner
- Leftover Ravioli Dinner with Steamed Veggies
- Corn Flake Chicken & Veggie Dinner
- Pepperoni Pizza
- Baked Flounder with French Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Beef Stirfry
- Stuffed Ravioli with a Side Salad
- Maple Teriyaki Chicken Stirfry over rice
I will be sharing recipes from this plan over time so in the meantime check out these other delicious family recipes to enjoy tonight!
To make this super easy, I’ve put the Aldi Meal Plan Printable together for you that includes recipes and a shopping list. You can get it all for only $1.99!!
The Aldi Meal Plan Printable includes:
1) A shopping list to keep you organized on your next shopping trip.
2) Recipes so you know exactly how to use the ingredients.
3) All 21 meal ideas.
Need help finding Aldi Locations in the Houston area?
Aldi has now opened 10 store locations, see which store is closest to you so you can save below:
- 2009 S. Mason Rd., Katy, TX 77450
- 11510 Broadway, Pearland, TX 77584
- 2302 FM 2920 Rd., Spring, TX 77388
- 10402 Hwy. 6 South, Sugar Land, TX 77498
- 6900 FM 1960 East, Humble, TX 77346
- 5930 Fry Rd. Katy, TX 77449
- 2045 N. Loop 336, Conroe, TX 77304
- 13340 Tomball Pkwy., Houston, TX 77086
- 4140 Fairmont Pkwy., Pasadena, TX 77504
- 5855 Hwy. 6 North, Houston, TX 77084
If you need help with meal planning, check out Meal Planning for Busy Moms and become a meal plan pro in no time!
Want to meal plan like a pro?
After struggling for what seemed like forever, and having my teenage kids always asking… Mom, what’s for dinner? I finally figured out the easiest ways to meal planning and now it’s smooth sailing at dinner time each night. There is always a plan for dinner in place and I am not longer asked..what’s for dinner…because they already know!
I may have learned the hard way about meal planning, but you don’t have to! You can learn how I get dinner on the table in a hurry in my ebook, Meal Planning for Busy Moms!
What’s included? You say!
- Tips and tricks I have learned on my meal planning journey (I’m taking the guess work out for you!) :)
- 14 Day Sample Meal Plan to help you get started
- Themed Meal Planning Ideas (with examples)
- 180+ Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks
- 16 scrumptious recipes that you can make for your family today
- and so much more!
Get your digital copy of Meal Planning for Busy Moms today, and start meal planning like a pro in no time!
No compensation was received to share this information. All opinions are my own.