Fall is the perfect time to enjoy all things pumpkin, spice, and carrot. The cooler temperatures warmed with the delicious flavors of all things Fall make this a great time for fantastic desserts too.
My husband loves pumpkin pie, but a carrot cake tops his all time favorite dessert this time of year. His grandmother used to make him a carrot cake from scratch for his birthday. Since we moved to Texas from his native Missouri, I took on the role of making his favorite family dishes. When it comes to this carrot cake, I am fortunate enough to have an excellent recipe that was passed down from his grandmother that he ooo’s and ahh’s over.
The problem is, there are times when I am just too darn tired to bake it. It doesn’t take that long to put together, but there are days when time is not on my side. Those are the days I am thankful for shortcuts in the kitchen like sales on box spice cake mixes, H-E-B Pumpkin Spice Latte Frosting Mix and pre-shredded carrots. :)
It’s like having a carrot cake with pumpkin frosting in half the time! You must try the recipe along with these other H-E-B Primo Picks for October 2015!
- H-E-B Chopped Salad because it’s yummy and good for you too! :)
- Barton Creek Crossing Pumpkin Spread because a bagel topped with pumpkin is amazing!
- H-E-B Creamy Creations Limited Edition Pumpkin Ice Cream because ice cream is good anytime of year, but make it pumpkin flavored and it’s perfect for fall!
- Lehi Roller Mills Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix because chocolate chip and pumpkin go perfectly together!
- The Mason Jar Company Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix because they make great gifts to share with everyone this holiday season and taste yummy too!
- H-E-B Pumpkin Creme Pure Cane Sugar Soda because we all need a soda treat now and then.
- H-E-B Pumpkin Spiced Pecans City Street Nuts because they give you all of the delicious satisfication of warm, crisp pecans from the comfort of home.
- Heritage Ranch by H-E-B Baked Pumpkin Flavored Dog Snacks because you can’t forget Fido! :)
- H-E-B Pumpkin Spice Dishwashing Liquid because fall is in the air (and on your dishes too!)
Anyways, here’s my “not so secret” recipe to fake a delicious Simple Pumpkin Spice Carrot Cake.
SIMPLE PUMPKIN SPICE CARROT CAKE
- Spice Cake (box totally works for this recipe) :)
- 1 cup pre-shredded carrots
- H-E-B Pumpkin Spice Latte Frosting Mix
How To Make A Simple Pumpkin Spice Carrot Cake
- Buy a boxed spice cake.
- Mix in all ingredients according to the directions on the cake mix box.
- Then, add 1 cup carrot sticks and fold them into the cake batter. (the ones that are already pre-shredded for you)
- Bake as directed. ( I chose to use 2 – 9″ round pans for my cake)
- In a separate bowl, mix H-E-B Pumpkin Spice Latte Frosting Mix as directed on the package and set aside.
- Once the cakes are fully baked, allow them to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Once they are removed, stack them on top of each other and ice with the H-E-B Pumpkin Spice Latte Frosting Mix and enjoy.
This post is sponsored by H-E-B. All opinions are 100% my own.