There’s something about the tartness of cranberry, and the sweetness of white chocolate that just goes so perfectly together. This time of year, I love baking up a batch of oatmeal cookies with this combo for a really delicious and easy treat.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the oats, baking soda, salt and flour, then fold in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooking rack.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
This is a large batch – perfect for making some for now, and saving some for later.
Did you know that cookie dough can be frozen for up to 9 months?
Freeze extra dough in an airtight container. When you’re ready to bake the rest, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.