Back to school is a time of year when it can seem like you are on overdrive until you get settled into a routine. On top of all the new schedules for classes, after school activities and balancing work with school, there is the evening time when nothing seems to fall into place on time. This is the time when you need something easy to make for dinner that will please every member of the family and won’t tempt you to hit up the fast food drive thru.
One of the main problems with being so busy in the evenings is you can often feel like you can’t get dinner on the table at a reasonable hour and if you are anything like me, you sometimes just don’t feel like doing a lot of prep or listening to people complain about having to eat something you eat frequently yet again. You crave something easy and different that you can have from nothing to delicious in less time.
If you are heading for an anxiety attack over what to make on nights like this, here are 20 easy dinner ideas for back to school to make your evening less stressful so you can maybe get some relaxation time in.
20 Easy Dinner Ideas for Back to School
- Leftover Grilled Steak Stew from Moms Confession
- Curried Black Beans with Rice from Saved By Grace
- Southwest Beef Enchiladas from Homemade Texan
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole from Tasty Kitchen
- Easy Stuffed Peppers from Moms Confession
- State Fair Casserole from Everyday Mom’s Meals
- Easy Baked French Dipped Sandwiches from Yellow Bliss Road
- Homemade Goulash Recipe from Moms Confession
- Rainbow Stirfry from Whole New Mom
- Smothered Crock-pot Burritos from Moonlight Acres
- Korean Beef from Lizzy Writes
- Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese from Moms Confession
- Chicken Marsala Casserole from Premeditated leftovers
- Chicken Pizza with a Twist from Moms Confession
- Easy Taco Soup from Living a Frugal Life
- Mac n Cheese Cups with Broccoli and Bacon from Baked by Rachael
- Delicious Stuffed Tacos from Moms Confession
- 10 Minute Enchiladas from Flippin’ Delicious
- Mexican Slippy Joes from Building Our Story
- Pepperoni Pizza Burgers for Kids from My Life and Kids
These meals are sure to be crowd pleasers and simple to throw together on nights where you feel like you are flying by the seat of your pants. We all know meal prepping ahead can save us time, but sometimes we don’t have time for that.
If you want to make an additional investment in making meal time easier, don’t miss our great eBook Meal Planning Tips For Busy Moms!
Back to school meal planning is a great way to save time, money, and headaches. Invest in a great menu planning journal, menu planning calendar, and a slow cooker to make this easier to manage. Plus, don’t forget to check out these and all of our other great tips below for meal planning!