In an effort to trim the budget and still put a healthy and nutritious meal on the table for my family, I took the Switch and Save Challenge at Aldi when I attended the grand opening of the store in Katy, TX. The weekly meal plan I created includes 21 meals under $100. I remember shopping Aldi when we lived out of state and loved every bit of the savings so I already had an idea of how easy the switch and save challenge was going to be for me.
While I was at the grand opening, I had three other amazing Houston Bloggers with me and we all took different approaches to our taste test choices.
Lisa from Milehimama was focused on seeing if the Aldi brand was as good as the national brands they already purchase. She was pleasantly surprised to find that the Aldi brand Greek yogurt is dye free…which is perfect for her family!
Brenda from Meal Planning Magic was looking for products that were similar to what she already purchases at other stores for lower prices.
Fred from Mocha Dad took the approach of choosing items to make the kids’ lunches and dinners for the week.
For me, it was about easy meals I could get on the table in 15-30 minutes all while still providing a balanced meal my family could enjoy.
To show you just how you can easily Switch and Save at Aldi, I wanted to give you all the details so you can save as well!
The Challenge: 21 Meals Under $100
Feed a family of 4 breakfast, lunch and dinner for $100…that’s 21 meals y’all!
The Menu: 21 Meals Under $100
- Corn Flakes with bananas
- Kookies Cereal
- Cinnamon Munch Crunch Cereal
- English Muffins with hazelnut spread
- English Muffins with ham
- Toast with hazelnut spread
- French Toast with maple syrup
- Tortellini with Cheese
- Turkey sandwich on wheat bread
- Ham sandwich on wheat bread
- Chicken salad sandwich
- Leftover stuffed shells
- Leftover flounder meal
- Italian Corn Flake Chicken & Veggie Dinner with Rice
- Take & Bake Pepperoni Pizza
- Flounder with fresh squeezed lemon and garlic served with baked french fries
- Butter Leaf salad with Buffalo Chicken
- Honey Beef Stirfry over rice
- Stuffed Shells with gourmet spaghetti sauce with a side salad
- Maple Teriyaki Chicken Stirfry over rice
I will be sharing recipes from this plan over time so in the mean time check out these other delicious family recipes to enjoy tonight!
Need help finding Aldi Locations in the Houston area?
Aldi has now opened 10 store locations, see which store is closest to you so you can save below:
- 2009 S. Mason Rd., Katy, TX 77450
- 11510 Broadway, Pearland, TX 77584
- 2302 FM 2920 Rd., Spring, TX 77388
- 10402 Hwy. 6 South, Sugar Land, TX 77498
- 6900 FM 1960 East, Humble, TX 77346
- 5930 Fry Rd. Katy, TX 77449
- 2045 N. Loop 336, Conroe, TX 77304
- 13340 Tomball Pkwy., Houston, TX 77086
- 4140 Fairmont Pkwy., Pasadena, TX 77504
- 5855 Hwy. 6 North, Houston, TX 77084
No compensation was received to share this information. All opinions are my own.