If it’s not easy to make then it’s probably not going to be cooked in our house. Even though I am a stay at home mom I could spend hours in the kitchen prepping and cooking a dinner that would knock your socks off, but my family probably wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole. Sure we know how to dine out in public without people staring at us too bad, but at home there is some serious down home meals that are eaten! One of our families favorite recipes is stuffed peppers, even though no one likes the peppers except for me. So instead of wasting money or time on peppers, I usually just make the stuffing and add some veggies on the side to keep our food pyramid in check!
- 1 lb. hamburger meat
- 2 bell peppers (cleaned out and optional)
- ½ small onion
- salt, pepper, a little garlic powder (to taste)
- whoosh of ketchup (hold over and give one big squeeze)
- about ½ – 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cheese slices
- Cook hamburger meat w/ seasoning and onion
- Cut bell peppers in half and boil about 2 mins. in salted water (top & bottoms cut out)
- While hamburger meat is cooking, boil & drain rice
- When hamburger meat is done, add a whoosh of ketchup, rice and stir in
- In a pie plate, arrange cooked bell peppers and fill with mixture
- Top with cheese slices torn into strips
- Cook in oven 5-10 mins. or until cheese is melted or microwave for 2 mins.
Simple as pie and it even kind of looks like one! Serve with veggies of your choice & viola dinner is done!
Time Saver Tip: Instead of using regular rice, you can use minute rice to cut cooking time in half.
Do you have any recipes you would like to share? I would love to feature them on Moms Confession. If you would like to share, leave a comment or email me at momsconfession @ gmail.com (take spaces out) and I will add your recipe in a future post. Thanks!