These easy grilled chicken skewers with peanut sauce and vegetables are ready in 30 minutes and make the perfect spring and summer dinner idea for families.
Welcome to week 3 of the HEB/Conagra Foods Back to School Meal Maker Challenge! It’s hard to believe we are already over halfway through this challenge…WHEW! I hope you all liked our Easy Omelet Muffins and Easy Pigs in a Blanket recipes from the last couple of weeks. This week, we are thinking dinner…are you with me? :)
In my opinion, dinner should never take over 30 minutes to prep and enjoy especially when the school year kicks off. It can get a little chaotic in the house once the school doors open and by the time dinner rolls around, I am dead on my feet. All I want is a meal that is quick and easy to make. I know I can’t be alone! This week you’re in luck because these Easy Peanut Butter Chicken Kabobs take 30 minutes and taste super yummy! Serve with a salad, mac-n-cheese, or canned veggies for a quick & tasty dinner!!
Easy Grilled Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce and Vegetables
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup worcestershire
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 1 can sliced pineapple
- 1 large apple
- *optional: bell pepper and onions
How to Make Grilled Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce
- Dice chicken tenders.
- Open canned pineapple and cut into quarters.
- Use apple corer/divider to slice the apple, cut each piece in half.
- In a saucepan, mix all ingredients together and heat over med. heat for approx. 5 mins. or until all ingredients make a sauce (stir continuously).
- Once sauce is heated, remove from heat.
- Slide diced chicken, apple, and pineapple onto a grilling skewer and repeat.
- Using basting brush, coat everything on the skewers with your peanut butter sauce.
- Turn grill on to low or medium heat, place skewers onto grill and close (leave handles out, so they don’t heat up).
- Cook for 15 mins. on the grill.
Get the printable version of Peanut Butter Chicken Kabobs below.
Cooking Utensils Needed: Grill Skewers Small sauce pan Apple Corer/Divider This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/3/2020.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 13g
Cooking Utensils Needed: Grill Skewers Small sauce pan Apple Corer/Divider
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 6/3/2020.