The thought of cleaning the oven used to always make me cringe. Looking at the cleaning calendar and seeing “clean the oven” made me want to jump back in bed and play sick for the day. You’ve felt the same way, right? :) I don’t know if it was the thought of smelling the overwhelming fumes oven cleaners produce or the idea of scrubbing the baked on mess of last week’s dinner. While I don’t know what caused the anxiety of cleaning my oven to this day, I know after I started using this homemade oven cleaner those feelings no longer exist anymore.
Out of necessity, cleaning the oven has to be done on a regular basis. The downside about this is purchasing expensive cleaners that release awful smelling fumes that can get very overwhelming to the senses. The best part…after today, you don’t have to dread cleaning your oven or worry about purchasing expensive oven cleaners anymore!
This super easy DIY fume-free way to clean your oven is so inexpensive to make and will help put you on the right path to having your oven sparkling clean in no time!
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipe
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1-2 tablespoon of water
- In a small bowl, add baking soda and a little amount of water at a time.
- Stir the mixture into a paste until it has the consistency of toothpaste.
- Use the paste everywhere in the oven with a clean, dry scrub sponge (except for the heating elements). You may need a toothbrush to get in the corners and cracks of the oven too.
- Lightly scrub away the build up of baked on foods.
- Allow the mix to sit for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Using a dry microfiber cloth, wipe the paste out of the oven with warm water.
Once you are done wiping the oven clean…sit back and enjoy a nice, sparkling clean oven without a headache from the fumes!
There are many different variations of oven cleaners, share your favorite recipe with us!
More Cleaning Hacks & Homemade Cleaners
- Natural Spring Cleaning Tips
- Cleaning Hacks To Speed Up Your Routine
- Secrets to Fake a Clean House
- Homemade All Purpose Cleaner
- Homemade Floor Cleaner