I don’t know about you, but I love changing up the side dishes in my home every now and then. Basic side dishes can get incredibly boring over time. One night, I was scrambling in the kitchen to get dinner done in a hurry so we could make it practice on time or something. I don’t even know anymore. Some days just seem to flow together at this point in my life.
Anyways…I was trying to come up with a side dish I could fix quickly and since I already had potatoes on the counter…I decided to play in the kitchen and hope for the best. To my surprise…it worked! My 5 Minute Cheesy Potatoes is a recipe you need to try! It’s delicious, budget friendly, and something the whole family will love.
It can get discouraging to make side dishes that the family doesn’t find appetizing. Every time I make potatoes, my family is happy and smiling from ear to ear. It’s always nice when everyone gets what they want for dinner! I mean, who isn’t a little selfish when it comes to having their favorite meals made?
The next time you are looking for something delicious to make for dinner, give my 5 Minute Cheesy Potatoes recipe a try. This is a recipe the kids can help you with and the husband can do with little to no effort! My best advice to you right now is to savor every bite and make them again!
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- Shredded cheese
- Dried rosemary
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Slice onion.
- Place a layer of potatoes on a microwave-safe plate.
- Top with a sprinkle of rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Continue steps 4 and 5 until all the potatoes are layered on the plate.
- Top with onion slices.
- Microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Poke a fork in the potatoes to make sure they are fully cooked.
- Top with shredded cheese and heat an additional 30-45 seconds to melt the cheese completely.