In an effort to slowly removed processed foods from our home, we are now using our own homemade butter recipe each week! I was so surprised at how easy it is to make that I just had to share with all of you!
Homemade Butter Recipe
This butter recipe is super easy to make and the really cool part is that it’s like a mini science lesson for the kiddos all wrapped into getting them in the kitchen to cook! That’s a win, win if you ask me!
Check out how you can make your own butter at home!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl
- Cover mixer with a towel and turn on medium speed
- Continue mixing on medium for approximately 10 minutes
- Mix will turn from liquid to whipped to solid with butter milk at the bottom of the bowl
- Place large bowl in the sink with ice & water
- Place colander in the center of the large bowl place cheesecloth over the top of the colander
- Place cheesecloth over the top of the colander
- Remove ball of butter from the mixing bowl and place in the cheese cloth
- Dip into water mix about 4 times to clean the butter milk off from the butter ball
- Remove butter from cheesecloth and place into a small container
- Add a pinch of salt (optional)
- Mix well