There are many types of baked peppers stuffed with rice. When you are low on money or you have a large family it is best to have a recipe that is quick and easy. This recipe for peppers stuffed with rice is one that is easy and a complete balanced meal if you don’t have time to cook multiple dishes.
Baked Pepper Stuffed With Rice
The key to good rice stuffed bell peppers is to make sure the peppers are cooked the way you like them. This means slightly crunchy if you like them that way, or slightly soft, or whatever you decide you like. So as you try this recipe for baked pepper stuffed with rice, be sure you take that into account for the boiling and baking time.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3-3/4 cup water
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces, undrained)
- 1 can
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ground cumin
- 2 cups of brown rice cooked
- 3 medium green peppers
- In a skillet cook beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cayenne pepper and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice until completely mixed.
- Remove tops and seeds from the peppers; cut in half widthwise. Place in a large pan of boiling water; boil for 4 minutes.
- Place a thin layer of meat mixture in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- Drain peppers and stuff with meat mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers on top of meat mixture, pressing down gently.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Serve on plate with extra mixture on top of peppers
I like to eat this stuffed peppers recipe with ground beef and rice as a meal and then follow it with some fruit for dessert! Yum!
Melissa is a mother to 4 wonderful kids and a wife to a law student, living in sunny southern California. She writes over at Living A Frugal Life about stuffed pepper recipes, how to save, and small space living with a large family.