Even though summer is upon us, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Masterbuilt smoker recipes! This perfectly smoked turkey can totally make it into your summer meal plans! Turkey is a staple in our house for many reasons, with the most important reason being that it is so lean! That reason alone makes it perfect for summer!!
If you have are looking for more Masterbuilt Smoker Recipes to try with your Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse…this is the smoked turkey recipe is for you! Let’s dig in!
Perfectly Smoked Turkey
- Peeled Orange
- 2 Celery Stalks (halved)
- Fresh Tarragon
- Fresh Thyme
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- Remove extras from turkey cavity.
Stuff orange, apple, celery, fresh tarragon, and fresh thyme.
- Sprinkle a liberal amount of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning or any other Cajun seasoning of your choice.
- Place in a lasagna aluminum foil pan.
- Fill water bowl to water fill line.
- Place wood chips in the tray.
- Open vent at least half way.
- Preheat Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse to 250˚.
- Place turkey in pan on middle rack.
- Smoke turkey anywhere from 6-8 hours or until internal temperature is 165˚.
Recipe NotesAllow 2-3 days for the turkey to thaw out in the refrigerator.
This post contains links to Amazon.com