The cool weather outside only means one thing…it’s chili season!! During the cold weather months, chili is a staple in our home. Every year we find a new way to dress up the traditional chili recipe and make our own version of Texas Chili. Most of the time that means we just start throwing different ingredients into the skillet and taste as we go…
Who needs a recipe anyways? It’s all about experimenting in the kitchen!
Redd’s Texas Chili
Yield – 4-6 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1 link sausage (chopped)
- 2 packs of Texas Chili Mix
- 1 can of Pinto Beans (15 oz.)
- 2 cans of Rotel
- 2 1/2 cans of tomato sauce (20 oz. total)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup jalapeño (chopped)
- Chop onion, sausage & jalapeño
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, venison and sausage together until fully cooked
- Add chopped onion and jalapeño into skillet (just before meat is done)
- Add remaining ingredients into skillet and mix together
- Cook over medium heat until boil, then reduce to simmer
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Use leftovers for good ole chili hot dogs for lunch or dinner! YUM!