I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinions are my own.
We have been back to school for the past three weeks and for some crazy reason I have not been able to get back on track with my routine. I’ve tried to zap myself back into reality, but I think my mind and body just seriously want to stay on the laid back summer schedule I set for myself and the kids.
I’ve been planning meals for the past couple of years and love that I can head into my local Sam’s Club to get meal ideas for dinner with the many samplings they offer in their stores. Another great thing I love about Sam’s Club is that I can purchase items in bulk to plan multiple weeks of meals…making my life easier.
Even with all these easy meal ideas, I’m finding that my creativity in the easy meals department is getting the best of me. I think it has left me or it could be a combination of the many hats I’ve been wearing a lot lately…
My husband has been traveling quite a bit…
Both the boys are in football…
The mom taxi service is in full force…
Maybe they are just excuses to inhibit my creativity and be inspired in the kitchen, but finding the time to sit down and plan meals seems to be impossible these days. So I’ve been doing a lot of my meal planning on the go using apps and searching my favorite sites for fresh meal ideas. After getting all of my ideas together, I jot down the ideas in my makeshift meal plan for the week using the notes app on my iPhone.
While this isn’t the best solution for everyone…it has helped me at least feel like I can get a delicious and easy meal on the table between pickups and drop offs.
Our family meal plan idea for this past week includes:
- Beef Stirfry
- Hamburgers with Fries
- Crockpot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
- Tyson Chicken Dippers with Zesty Chili Sauce
- Pizza (out)
- Smoked Ribs with Potato Salad and Fresh Green Beans
Last nights dinner was so delicious I had to share it with you…YAY for creativity!! Maybe it’s coming back!! Check it out and try it next week with your family on that crazy busy night of yours!
Tyson Chicken Dippers with Zesty Chili Sauce
- Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tsp Tone’s Chili Powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- pinch cilantro
- ⅛ red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ medium jalapeno (diced)
- Bake Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips according to the directions on the package.
- Pour sour cream into a small mixing bowl.
- Dice bell pepper and jalapeno into small pieces.
Add all ingredients (excluding chicken strips) into mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
Busy Moms Meal Planning Tips:
- Shop Sam’s Club to buy in bulk and lessen the amount of trips to the grocery store.
- Shop frozen aisles to get inspiration for meals.
- Always choose spices that can be multi purposed through each of your meals to trim the cost of extra spices.
Be sure to look for these in store demos at your local Sam’s Club over the next couple of weeks:
- September 17: Italian Style Fish & Pasta
- September 19: Smoked Sausage Pasta OR Quick ‘N’ Easy Chicken Parmesan
- September 24: Chicken dippers
See my Sam’s Club Making Meal Planning Easy Google+ Story. Be sure to follow Sam’s Club on Facebook and Twitter.