A few short years ago, I thought saving money with coupons was the only way I could make our families budget and grocery budget meet. I saved a ton of money clipping coupons, but these days clipping coupons is the last thing on my mind. I simply don’t have the time, nor energy to put into it. After trying many different methods to save money, I’ve since gone back to where I began…using the sales ads to save, but there is one little twist that comes along with my new savings plan!
The twist in my grocery savings plan is one of my favorite new apps called the Flipp App. Flipp has been a lifesaver and has helped me keep money in my pocket over the past month. Just before Thanksgiving, I was introduced to Flipp. My first use of the Flipp app saved me so much money with all the Black Friday sales ads that were available through the app. Using Flipp, I was able to easily save over $500 on Black Friday alone…crazy, right?
We all know Black Friday brings in some of the best deals of the season, but budgeting throughout the year is what we need the most. These days I’m using Flipp for my grocery list. With just a few touches of the screen, I have my grocery list ready to go with savings in my pocket.
For years, I have flipped through the sales ads that we receive weekly to save money. Setting up the Flipp App is easy to do (no account or signup required) and you will instantly start seeing the savings at the checkout.
How to Setup & Use the Flipp App
- Download the Flipp App through the Itunes or Google Play.
- Once the app is installed on your smartphone, tablet, Ipad, etc. open the app and put your zip code in. The Flipp App will locate all the sales ads in your area.
- After the app has found the sales ads in your area, touch the “All Flyers” in the top lefthand corner to see the category list. For my shopping list, I chose “Groceries” and the app filters the list to only show the grocery store ads.
- Choose the grocery ad you want to look at. You can zoom in on the ads as well.
- If you see something to add to your “clippings” (as they are called in the Flipp App), simply tap the item and it will automatically put it into your clippings at the bottom right hand of the screen.
- That’s it! You now have the best prices on the items you need for your meal plan! You can choose to shop at the grocery chain and/or price match at your local Walmart or Target!
If you see that a sales ad in your area is not listed, you can request to have it added by scrolling to the bottom of the store sales ad page.
See the Flipp App in use