All You: Delicious on a Dime Cookbook Giveaway
If you are looking to save money and time on family dinners…All You’s new cookbook Delicious on a Dime Cookbook has you covered! Featuring 154 easy to make recipes that won’t break the bank…these recipes are great for family meals, fun get-togethers or just to whip up a creative treat for dessert.
All You is a huge supporter of budget-friendly living and this cookbook definitely gives you just that…budget-friendly family recipes that will make the whole family happy! For me, it’s all about saving time in our budget and also in the kitchen…creating a meal that I know my family will love all at the same time. Who really wants to slave over a kitchen stove for hours on end or overspend at the grocery store? Not me…I’m a mom (like most of you) who has minimal time to prep (grocery shopping, dinner prep, etc.) and put a delicious meal on the table in time for that 6 o’clock hour. Some nights that just doesn’t happen, but this cookbook has helped me to step away from the stove and provide nutrition that I know my family needs. Win…win!
From the All You Food Director:
“We set out to create a cookbook that will inspire readers in the kitchen – without costing them a fortune. It is possible to take affordable, accessible ingredients and easily make them sing,” says ALL YOU Food Director Beth Lipton. “Plus, every recipe includes our signature cost per serving, so you can make delicious meals and still stay within your budget.”
The editors gathered recipes for hearty, healthful, affordable food for every meal from breakfast to dinner to dessert. The book is divided into the following sections: breakfast, appetizers, chicken & turkey, beef, pork, fish, vegetables, sides and desserts, and includes more than 100 recipes that cost less than $2 per serving.
The Delicious on a Dime Cookbook includes:
- 54 simple, money-saving recipes
- Cost-per-serving estimate for each dish with many complete meals for under $10
- Essential time and money saving tips on each page. For example: use chicken thighs to save on cost and boost flavor
- Hands-on time estimates accompany each recipe so readers know how long to allow to prepare dinner
- Color photo and nutritional analysis for every recipe
- Creative new tastes, such as Korean Beef Stir-fry (pg. 66), Curried Pumpkin Soup with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds (pg. 126) and Rosé Poached Pears (pg. 164)
- Timeless recipes poised to become new classics, such as Dijon-Marmalade-Glazed Baked Ham (pg. 82), Bacon-wrapped Chicken Breast with Sage (pg. 52) and Cheesy Potato Gratin (pg. 152)
Check out one of our families favorite meals from the cookbook below…you’re getting an exclusive sneak peek today!
Make sure you scroll down all the way to the bottom to see how you can win your very own copy of the All You Delicious on a Dime Cookbook right here at Moms Confession!
- Grab the following items together:
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. nonfat milk
- Make filling: Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add flour; stir for 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a boil. scrapping browned bits from bottom of saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring, until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in milk. Add chicken and cook, stirring until firm and opaque, about 7 minutes. Stir in peas and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Make topping: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pulse flour, baking powder and salt in a food processor. Pulse in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. With machine on, add oil and 1 cup milk. Process just until a ball forms. Turn out onto floured work surface; knead for 10 seconds. Roll dough to ½-inch thickness. Use a 2-inch cookie cutter to form 16 biscuits. Place biscuits on top of filling; brush with remaining milk.
- Bake pot pie until filling is bubbling and biscuits are lightly browned on top, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Six (6) lucky winners will receive a All You Delicious on a Dime Cookbook
The Giveaway starts today and ends on December 15, 2012. (GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED)
This review is sponsored by All You. I received a copy of the cookbook mentioned above. All opinions are my own.
*This post contains affiliate links to Amazon.com